Are you looking for a way to instill a sense of urgency for low-stock items? Then displaying the stock levels for your products is a great way to do so.
An example would be if you only had 10 black water bottles left to sell.
If a customer sees ‘only 10 left in stock,’ it will incentivize them to buy it now. That way, they avoid trying to make the purchase later, only to realize they’ve sold out.
It’s also an excellent way to move products that are almost sold out. If you want to learn how to enable this feature on Shopify – you’re in luck. Here’s how to show inventory on your Shopify product page.
Using Debutify to Show Inventory Quantities
The best way to start using this feature is to use the add-on that comes with Debutify. It’s a conversion-boosting app available in the Shopify App Store.
We highly recommend downloading this theme – not only for this add-on – but for all 54.
You can save hundreds of dollars per month on app subscriptions by signing up for Debutify. Its add-ons and core features provide you with everything you need to set up and scale a store.
For now, we’re focusing on the Inventory Quantity conversion trigger add-on. It grants you the ability to show stock levels of particular products. That way – you can incentivize your customers to act now before the product sells out. Once you download Debutify, you’ll need to take a few steps before you can start using the add-on.
Have a List of Low-Stock Items to Display
First, you’ll need to identify the products with low stock levels that you want to display. As a rule of thumb – you should only show inventory levels for products that are almost out of stock.
Showing a fully stocked inventory won’t instill the sense of urgency that you want. Luckily – Debutify grants you complete control over which products you choose to show.
- From your Shopify dashboard – navigate to Products. Go to the products that you want to show quantity levels. For each product, scroll down to Variants and click on the Quantity value box. Enter the number of products that you have left in stock.
While that’s a crucial step in the process – it’s only half of the equation. For these quantities to start showing up on your product pages, you’ll need to enable the app.
Enabling the Inventory Quantity Add-On in Debutify
Once you know which products you want to display, it’s time to enable the add-on. Here’s what you need to do.
- Log in to your Shopify store and go to the Theme Editor. From there, navigate to Theme Settings.
- Scroll down the list until you find Debutify Add-ons. Click on it, and checkmark the box next to Inventory Quantity. That will turn on the add-on so that you can use it on your product pages.
Next, take a look at the product pages that you edited before. You should now see the quantity levels displayed for the products on your list.
Working with Variants
You can display quantity levels for one variant and not another. Let’s say that you have a blue shoe that’s about to sell out – but the other colors are in stock.
All you have to do is enter a number in the Quantity box for the blue variant to reflect this in your store. As long as you leave the other colors blank, the app will only display the quantity level for the blue shoe.
Customizing the Inventory Quantity Add-On in Debutify
Like other add-ons – Debutify gives you the freedom to customize how you display your inventory levels. That way – you can put your company’s unique spin on the messaging. Here’s how to customize the inventory quantity add-on.
From the Shopify dashboard, go to your Theme Editor. Next, go to Theme Settings and scroll down to Inventory Quantity. Since the app is enabled now – it has its own section on the Theme Settings sidebar.
A submenu will pop up with customizable options when you click on it. Here’s a look at what fields you can change:
- Icon. You can customize the icon to display next to the message – or you can do without one. The default icon is a ‘history’ symbol, which is a clock with an arrow surrounding it. You can choose from other icons – as well as upload your own.
- Prefix. This is the text that will appear before the number of items left in stock. An example would be ‘Only 10 left in stock.’ In that example, ‘only’ is the prefix. You can make it as long or as short as you’d like – such as ‘There are only 10 left in stock.’
- Sufix. This refers to the text appearing after the number of items. In the example from above, it would be the ‘left in stock’ portion of the phrase. As with the prefix, you can extend or shorten it as you please.
- Show random quantities. Check this box if you wish to show a randomized inventory to make it appear as if items are almost out of stock. If you want to display your actual inventory, keep it unchecked.
- Min and max quantity. These slider bars only pop up if you choose to show random amounts. The minimum refers to the least amount, and the maximum refers to the most amount of products you want to show.
Those are all the fields that you can customize with the Inventory Quantity add-on. As you can see, you have total control over every aspect of what you display in your store.
That’s how to show inventory on your Shopify product page. Debutify makes it effortless to display product quantities on your e-commerce store. In addition to this helpful add-on, there are 53 other excellent additions.
You can save a ton of money on Shopify app subscriptions by downloading Debutify. It merges the functionality of 54 apps into one. That’s why we highly recommend integrating it into your operation. If you want to try out Debutify for free visit this link here.
For more great content to help you develop your Shopify strategies, check out the rest of the merchant posts on the site. If you want to see a list of our top recommended Shopify apps visit this link here.