If you want to make your Shopify store more trustworthy, then you need to add product reviews. They will let your customers know that your products are high-quality and worth the money. Product reviews will also have a positive impact on your conversation rates. If you’ve ever done any online shopping, you know the importance of reviews. Lots of consumers won’t even consider buying a product unless there are candid reviews for it.
Product reviews are a quick and easy way to add credibility to your Shopify store.
Yet, it can be unclear how to add product reviews to your store. If you’ve never done it before, you’ve come to the right place. We’ll be breaking down how to add product reviews on Shopify in this guide.
Not only will you learn how to add product reviews, but we’ll let you know which apps are best. Along the way, you’ll learn the benefits that you’ll enjoy from adding product reviews.
We’ll also provide you with techniques on how to obtain product reviews. After all, you can’t add reviews to your store if you don’t have any! Read on to learn how you can find glowing product reviews and then add them to your store.
Why Bother with Product Reviews?
If you’re new to the world of e-commerce, the importance of reviews may not seem apparent. After all, user reviews aren’t really a thing for brick-and-mortar stores.
The world of e-commerce is far different than traditional retail. Reviews are one of the most critical factors that customers look for online.
Platforms such as Amazon have made this a norm in today’s age. Customers love being able to read what other consumers thought about products. Reading reviews allows customers to shop smarter.
The good news is that you can use customer reviews to your advantage.
If each of your products has five-star reviews from users, people will take notice. You’ll build more trust with your audience, and you’ll gain more customers as a result.
Product reviews can help take your e-commerce business to the next level. Shopify also makes it effortless to incorporate user reviews on your site. Since they’re so easy to include, you’d be crazy not to have at least a few reviews on your page.
Product Reviews Increase Sales and Conversion Rates
It’s a fact that you’ll enjoy increased conversion rates because of your reviews. Why is that? It all comes down to the perceived level of risk to your customer.
Consider if your customer sees a product on your page that appeals to them. It can solve a problem they have, and it’s affordable as well.
The only problem is that there are no reviews listed for the product. To the customer, buying your product is now considered risky. Sure, the product appears to be everything that they want and need, but how can they know for sure? Without a review, they have no way to prove the claims you make about your product.
A product review will add trust and lower the risk involved in a purchase.
Consider now that the same customer viewing the same product currently has several reviews. They’re each enthusiastic, honest, and glowing about the product. As you can imagine, your customer won’t hesitate to buy the product.
Product reviews will help you build faith in the quality of your products. A sales pitch can only go so far. Nothing can compare to words coming straight from customers’ mouths. So if you want to boost your conversion rates and sales, then you need to learn how to add product reviews on Shopify.
Adding Product Reviews to Your Shopify Store
Okay, now it’s time to get into the nitty-gritty of how to add product reviews on Shopify. Of course, you’ll need an existing Shopify account and store in order to do so.
- The first thing that you’ll need to do is head over to the Shopify App Store. From there, search ‘Loox’ in the search bar
- The app you need is called the ‘Loox App’ on the store
- Click the ‘Add App’ button
- Wait for Loox to complete the download process
Once the download is complete, you’ll have the app that you need to add product reviews. The next part of the process is to import some existing reviews. That’s where the features of Loox really start to shine.
Using Loox to Import Product Reviews
Loox is a review app that makes adding reviews more straightforward than ever. You can automatically collect customer reviews and then display them with photos. Loox allows you to display happy customer quotes, images, and more beautifully.
You can use the app to find authentic reviews online if you don’t have any. That’s because Loox has an incredible email campaign tool. It allows you to use customizable emails that contain review requests. That way, you can find users that will give you authentic reviews for your product.
That’s a huge lifesaver if you don’t currently have any reviews to highlight. Loox is an all-in-one tool that you can use to generate, highlight, and display reviews. Other features of Loox include:
- Galleries in a list or grid layout
- Product review carousels
- Photo review pop-ups
- Review sidebars
- Works on any Shopify theme
- A responsive design that looks great on any device
- Customizable email review requests
- 24/7 customer support
- Discount codes and incentives for reviewers
- Available in 15 different languages
As you can see, Loox has a ton of unique features for product reviews on Shopify. You can even import reviews from other sources such as AliExpress. You’ll be able to customize the layout of your reviews as well. That way, you can keep them consistent with your overall branding.
Loox is the quickest and easiest way to feature attractive product reviews on your store. With the click of a button, you can share your reviews on social media. That way, your followers can see how highly-rated your products are, which will generate interest. The more links that you can generate, the better it will be for your SEO rankings too.
Set Up On-Going Review Request Campaigns on Shopify
All right, now that you have Loox up and running, it’s time to move on to the next step. Now, you’ll need to use Shopify to set up a campaign for review requests. This campaign will be ongoing indefinitely, making it a consistent source of reviews.
- From your dashboard, got to Campaigns > Content Campaigns
- Select ‘New Campaign’ and click ‘Ongoing’ to ensure the campaign continues
- Select the content that you’re requesting to review
- Add any incentives or conditions for your reviews
- Customize your message to reach out to your reviewers
- Hit send, and you’re done
Now you’ll have an email campaign through Shopify to keep obtaining new reviews. You won’t have to do anything else, and reviews will keep coming in. That’s great news for users without many reviews to showcase.
One of the most significant benefits of an ongoing review campaign is variety. Let’s say that you’ve featured the same glowing reviews for a few months now. That’s when you look at your email inbox to find an outstanding review from a happy client. They mention all the ways that your product is valuable and worth the money.
As a result, you decide to start featuring their review instead. Since you have a consistent source of reviews, you’ll have a lot of flexibility. Always try to mix up your featured reviews every few weeks. That will keep your regular customers impressed at how many people love your products.
Getting More Product Reviews
If you’re still having a hard time finding the correct reviews, fear not. We’re here to provide you with some successful techniques in getting product reviews. Of course, you should use Loox and Shopify to set up ongoing product review campaigns.
If both of those efforts aren’t enough, there are still more tactics you can employ. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Optimize Your Review Pages. A huge factor in receiving reviews is responsiveness. If you haven’t optimized your review page to run on mobile devices, you’re making a colossal error. A large majority of your reviews will come in via mobile devices such as phones and tablets. That’s why it’s so critical to make sure your Shopify store and review template work on any device.
- Offer Incentives for Reviews. An incentive can make all the difference in the world in obtaining a product review. You can offer gift cards, free ebooks, videos, discount codes, and more. If you want to start raking in reviews, make your incentives as attractive as possible. It’s also essential not to go too crazy here. Remember, you want to stay as authentic as possible with all your content, including reviews. If your customers suspect that you’re giving away free stuff for five-star reviews, they won’t trust them. Make sure that your incentives are attractive but won’t sway your reviewer’s opinion.
- Include Post-Purchase Emails. One of the best ways to generate the most candid reviews is through a post-purchase email. You can see all sorts of companies doing this, from car dealerships to restaurants. After purchase, a simple ‘let us know what you think’ email can go a long way. Before you know it, you’ll have honest reviews from your actual customers.
- Make it Easy to Review Multiple Items at Once. If your customers bought multiple products, your follow-up email should contain them all. Not only that, but you should present them in a way that’s easy to review both at once. An easy way to do this is to provide a star-rating system next to the image of the product. That way, your users can review each product with the click of a button. If they wish to leave a more detailed review, they can select ‘Write a full review’ underneath the star rating.
Those are our picks for the top ways to obtain more product reviews. In the world of e-commerce, you can never have enough reviews, so make sure you use all the techniques listed here. That will increase the chances of receiving reviews from your most dedicated customers. The more honest reviews you can feature, the more trust you will build in your brand. It’s a win-win situation for both the reviewer and the store owner.
The Benefits of Product Reviews
Now that you know how to add product reviews on Shopify let’s look at the top benefits of doing so. If you’re still on the fence about including reviews on your store, here are some perks to change your mind:
- User-Generated Content. A product review is a fantastic example of user-generated content. What’s that? It’s content that your users created instead of you. As a result, user-generated content is an excellent form of marketing for your store. User-generated content like reviews spreads exposure and builds trust.
- Increased Conversion Rate. Thanks to your reviews, you’ll convert more clicks into sales. As previously stated, reviews are essential for e-commerce due to the risk factor. Reviews will lower the risk involved in buying one of your products.
- Rank Higher on Search Engines. Google and other search engines love product reviews as much as customers. Including honest reviews will help you rise through the ranks on search engines. That will help you gain more exposure and customers as well.
- Build a Trustworthy Brand. Customers would much rather buy from brands that have honest reviews. The trust that you build from including them is genuinely invaluable. Product reviews are crucial for building a trusted brand.
How to Add Product Reviews on Shopify ( quick video )
That’s how to add product reviews on Shopify. Now you know how to add reviews, display reviews, and find new reviews. Remember, you want to use as many techniques as you can to get as many reviews as possible. Using Loox is a great way to find reviews and to display them in an attractive manner. Product reviews will help you build trust, increase sales, and rank higher on search engines. We hope you can use this guide to add new product reviews that show off your unique Shopify store.
For more great content to help you develop your Shopify strategies, check out the rest of the merchant posts on the site. If you want to see a list of our top recommended Shopify apps visit this link here.