Have you ever shopped at an online store that had a live chat agent? If so, you know how beneficial a live person is over a chatbot.
Live chat agents can help customers work out issues in real-time. That makes it far easier to resolve their problems than with a chatbot.
If you run a Shopify store – you’ve probably thought about integrating live chat. The only problem is how do you do that? Luckily, there are a few ways to use live chat on your Shopify store.
The quickest and easiest way is to use Debutify’s Facebook Messenger add-on. It will grant you the ability to chat with your customers while they browse your store with no delays. Here’s how to add Facebook Messenger to your Shopify store.
Using Debutify to Integrate Facebook Messenger On Your Store
As stated before – we highly recommend downloading Debutify to add live chat. It’s one of the best-selling e-commerce apps on Shopify due to its fantastic add-ons. In addition to Facebook Messenger, dozens of other Debutify add-ons will enhance your store.
Debutify’s add-ons help you improve your UX, build loyalty, increase conversions, and more.
The Facebook Messenger add-on is the quickest and easiest way to start using live chat on Shopify. Once you download the app, you’ll need to enable the add-on.
Enabling the Facebook Messenger Add-On in Debutify
Now that you have Debutify – head over to the app’s dashboard in your Shopify store.
- Go to Theme Settings and scroll down to Debutify Add-Ons. It has a gear icon next to it.
- Find the checkbox next to Facebook Messenger from the drop-down menu and check it. That will enable the app so you can start using it.
To continue – you’ll need some information from your Facebook account.
Linking Your Facebook Account to Debutify
You’ll need to retrieve your Messenger code from your Facebook account to proceed. Otherwise – users won’t be able to see the live chat pop-up. Here’s what you’ll need to do to find it.
- Go to Facebook and log into the website or app. Once there, go to your Profile Page, and select Page Settings.
- On the sidebar – look for the ‘Messaging’ tab. Select it and scroll down the page until you see ‘Add Messenger to Your Website.’ Click on the button that says ‘Get Started‘ next to it.
Navigating the Setup Plugin
That will bring up a pop-up window that will start the setup process. The first page introduces you to what the Chat Plugin can do. Read it, and then hit Next.
On the next page, you’ll have a few decisions to make. First, select which language you want the Messenger App to use.
After that, you’ll get the chance to customize the greeting to your customers. This automated greeting will show up before customers ask a question. Since you can customize it – you should jump at the chance to reinforce your branding.
You can also let customers know how long they can expect to wait for a response in your greeting. An example would be:
“Hey there! How can we help you? Feel free to ask us whatever is on your mind. You can expect a reply within the hour.”
That will place realistic expectations for your customers, so they don’t grow impatient.
The final section of this page toggles Guest Chat on and off. When it’s on – customers can chat with you without logging in to Facebook. We highly recommend you leave it on so customers can chat with you immediately.
The following page contains more customizable options. Here, you’ll get to customize:
- Colors. You’ll get the chance to customize the color of your Messenger app. That way – you can use your branded colors for further personalization/brand building.
- Position. You also have complete control over where the chat box pops up on the screen. Do you want it in the bottom left or bottom right? You can also customize the bottom spacing for both mobile and desktop.
- Auto expand. Auto-expand is an excellent idea if you want your chat plugin to be as noticeable as possible. What’s that? It refers to the chatbox automatically expanding as soon as the page loads. If you turn it off – the chatbox still appears – but it’s minimized.
After that – you’ll redirect to the final page of the plugin setup. This page contains the code you’ll need to enter into the Debutify add-on page. Simply click on the box containing the code to copy it to your clipboard. Navigate back to Debutify, and paste it into the ‘Code’ box mentioned before.
There’s one final step you’ll need to take to start using the plugin. On the last page of the plugin setup, there’s a textbox for your website’s domain. Enter your store’s URL here – and you’re all set. Now customers can ask you questions via the Facebook Messenger add-on.
A Glance at Debutify’s Other Add-Ons
Facebook Messenger is only one of the add-ons you get with Debutify. There’s a total of 54 add-ons you can use with your Shopify store. There are cart maximizers, conversion triggers, loyalty builders, shopping enhancers, and shop protectors. Here’s a look at a few standouts:
- Sales countdown. This add-on is perfect for persuading customers to take advantage of your sales. This app lets you add a countdown timer if you’re running a huge sale. That way, customers will see that they have a limited time to act if they want that great price.
- Upsell pop-ups. Do you want to increase your revenue? Then it would help if you used this add-on. Now you can use pop-ups to upsell customers on more expensive products.
- Infinite scroll. This add-on lets you harness the power of social media infinite scrolls. Now customers can indefinitely scroll through your inventory of products.
That’s how to add Facebook Messenger to your Shopify store. Live chat is always superior to a chatbot – and this add-on grants you the ability to add live chat to your store. Now customers can easily inquire about your products, shipping process, and more. That will make some significant improvements to your user experience.
For more great content to help you develop your Shopify strategies, check out the rest of the merchant posts on the site. If you want to see a list of our top recommended Shopify apps visit this link here.