We’ve all been there; you’re awaiting a product you bought online, and you can’t handle the anticipation. That’s when you head to the site you bought it from and enter the tracking number. You know exactly where your order is and when it will arrive in a few seconds.
Being able to track a package is a great luxury – and adds a ton to your user experience.
Are your customers currently able to track their orders on your Shopify store? If not – then it’s something you should consider adding. If you want to grant your customers the ability to track their orders – we’re here to show you. Here’s how to add an order tracking page to Shopify.
Download Debutify to Create Professional Order Tracking Pages with Ease
To make things easy and effective – we recommend downloading Debutify first. It’s one of Shopify’s best-selling e-commerce themes. A big reason for its success is its fantastic add-ons.
There are dozens of add-ons you can use to enhance your e-commerce experience.
That includes an order tracking add-on, which we’ll focus on in this post. It enables you to add a professional order tracker to your Shopify store. Your customers will thank you for doing so – as they can monitor the progress of their package until it arrives.
Enabling the Add-On in Debutify
First, you’ll need to make sure you enable the add-on. To do so:
- Head over to your Debutify dashboard.
- From there, go to Theme Settings > Debutify Add-ons.
- Scroll down the list, and select Order Tracking.
Make sure that the checkbox next to it is checked. Otherwise, order tracking won’t be enabled in your store. Next, you’ll need to go to your Shopify dashboard. Once there, you’ll need to create a page.
- Go to Sales Channels > Online Store > Pages.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Order Tracking.
- Under Title – you can call it whatever you’d like. However, under Template Suffix – make sure it says ‘page.order-tracking.’
The default Order Tracking page will show up in your store as soon as you do that. It contains two fields – a textbox for the tracking number – and a button to track orders. Like every other add-on with Debutify, the page is completely customizable.
Customizing Your Order Tracking Page
If you aren’t happy with your order tracking page’s default settings, you can easily change them. That enables you to put your own spin on things – as well as use branded phrases. Here’s what you’ll need to do if you want to customize your page.
- Back out of Debutify Add-Ons to Theme Settings. Scroll down to Order Tracking, and click on it.
Here, you’ll see the two fields you can customize on the page. They are:
- Input placeholder text
- Button text
Instead of ‘Track My Order’ or ‘Enter Your Tracking Number,’ you can customize them to say whatever you want. You can add humor or include branded catchphrases. Debutify grants you the freedom to do whatever you want with your page.
Debutify uses 17Track for its order tracking services. It’s one of the leading and most reliable tracking applications around today.
There’s everything to create and customize an order tracking page through Debutify. As you can see – it’s a user-friendly and straightforward process. Like the other add-ons, Debutify has made it easy to incorporate order tracking with ease.
A Peek at Debutify’s Other Add-Ons
Order Tracking is only one of the fantastic add-ons that Debutify has to offer. If you run an e-commerce store, there’s plenty to appreciate here. The app has dozens of add-ons that add convenience, value, and efficiency to your store.
To increase customer engagement, do you want to include your Instagram feed on your store? Debutify lets you do it. To increase revenue – wouldn’t you love an upsell pop-up during checkout? Debutify has them!
Here’s a brief look at some of the add-ons you’ll get when you download Debutify:
- FAQ. You can save your customer support team a lot of time by enabling the FAQ add-on. You can address your customer’s most frequently asked questions and pain points with it.
- Newsletter pop-up. Do you want your newsletter to gain more subscribers? Then you need to take advantage of this add-on. It enables you to create engaging pop-ups encouraging users to sign up for your newsletter.
- Infinite scroll. Wouldn’t it be great to harness the addicting power of Twitter feeds? Now you can, thanks to Debutify’s infinite scroll add-on. You can quickly and easily add endless scrolls to your product pages.
- Upsell bundles. Bundles are a fantastic way to sell your products that are the hardest to move. Debutify allows you to create bundles with ease – as well as pop-ups to sell them.
- Skip Cart. E-commerce is all about providing an efficient experience for the customer. If you want to speed things up – why not skip the cart? This add-on grants you the ability to do just that.
Those are only a few of the add-ons you’ll gain access to when you download Shopify. Due to all the fantastic features – it’s a must-download for any Shopify store owner. If your interested in trying out Debutify follow this link.
Benefits of Order Tracking
Are you still unsure if you want to let your customers track orders? Here are a few benefits to help you see the light.
- Improved user experience. If your customers can track their orders – it grants them peace of mind. They’ll also have an easier time trusting your brand.
- Reduce Expenses. It may not seem like it – but an order tracking page will save you money. That’s because you’ll receive fewer customer support inquiries – saving you labor costs. Instead of calling your customer support staff – customers can use your order tracking page.
- Improved order fulfillment. Tracking orders will improve your order fulfillment. It will increase customers’ confidence in your ability to ship your products to them. As a result – customers will be more likely to make repeat purchases from your store.
That’s how to add an order tracking page to Shopify. As you can now tell – there are many reasons why enabling customers to track orders is a must. It improves your user experience, encourages repeat buys, and cuts costs. By downloading Debutify – you can easily add order tracking to your Shopify store.
For more great content to help you develop your Shopify strategies, check out the rest of the merchant posts on the site. If you want to see a list of our top recommended Shopify apps visit this link here.