Shopify is one of the world’s leading e-commerce platforms for many reasons. It’s affordable, easy to use, and offers incredible support. It’s one of the few platforms where anyone can start an online store at a reasonable rate.
You gain access to Shopify’s robust platform via an affordable monthly fee. You don’t have to worry about software updates, cybersecurity, or administrative tasks.
That’s a big reason why so many entrepreneurs choose to go with Shopify over other platforms. Yet, a question that comes up time and time again is, “How customizable is Shopify?”
Through apps, themes, and other features – Shopify is highly customizable. You can use your branded imaging, add new features to your store through apps, and download themes. Beyond that – each theme is 100% customizable – allowing you to put your spin on it. You can customize your Shopify store at the coding level if you know the Liquid language.
Stay tuned to learn more about all the ways you can customize your online store with Shopify.
Customizing Shopify Themes
There are countless themes available through Shopify – and you can customize them all. Lots of merchants like to view themes as starting points. Once they download it – they use it more as a template than something set in stone.
Feel free to add your branded colors, images, logos, and more.
If you want to customize something and it’s not entirely clear how to do it – you can seek the help of a Shopify expert. These professionals know Liquid and can edit the code of your store. That will allow you to make further customizations and personal touches.
Plenty of impressive Shopify storefronts has basic themes as their foundation. Once they have the UI layout – they add high-quality product images, video, and more. You can also further customize your store so that it’s more mobile-friendly.
Customizing Your Products
The look of your site isn’t the only thing you can customize on Shopify. You can customize your products, too – both on the front and back end for your employees. Here’s a look at a few ways you can customize your products.
- Multi-channel products. Are you selling your products through more than one channel? If so – Shopify lets you push products to 20 different channels. You can send them to POS machines for pop-up stores, social media networks, and more. So if you ever want to add a product to another channel – remember that you can do it automatically through Shopify.
- Variants. You can create variants of products through Shopify. What are those? They’re different versions of the same product. An example would be a shoe that comes in three colors. There’s the primary product – and then the two color variants. Beyond that – variants aren’t restricted to color. You can add a product variant for anything – including different sizes and functionalities.
- Metafields. A metafield will allow you to evolve product descriptions beyond simple data fields. You can create metafields for product information, including videos, hover features, and more. An example would be a metafield that pops up when you hover over a button. If a customer hovers on Products – you could display a drop-down menu.
Shopify Online Store 2.0
As of June 2021, Shopify launched Online Store 2.0 – a rehauled version of their theme architecture. In doing so – they added a lot more flexibility for customization. It’s also easier for developers to build apps that are easy for merchants to customize.
Sections on Pages
In the past, you could only add sections to the homepage of your Shopify store. Realizing how limiting that was – Shopify undid that with Online Store 2.0. Now you have the freedom to add sections to any page on your store. That opens up a wide range of possibilities to personalize each page on your store. Now a page can map to blog posts and collection pages, among others.
App Blocks for Theme Extensions
Another huge perk for customization is the introduction of app blocks. That grants developers the ability to add integrations with existing themes. In the past, merchants had difficulty getting their apps to integrate with their themes. App blocks change all that – as they let developers add app extensions to any theme without touching its code.
PageFly Landing Page Builder
Another fantastic way to customize your store is to use PageFly. It’s an in-depth landing page builder that will seamlessly adapt to your theme. It also has powerful page performance enhancers to ensure your store runs super fast.
You’ll gain access to a gigantic element library containing thousands of customizable elements. If you’re unhappy with Shopify’s themes – PageFly is the remedy. There’s enough here to build a unique store from the ground up based on your exact specifications.
If your interested in trying out Pagefly follow this link here.
Debutify for Shopify Customization
Lastly – we highly recommend that you download Debutify. It’s a conversion-boosting e-commerce app that will revolutionize your storefront. It contains 54 original add-ons that you can use to enhance your user experience.
These add-ons will substitute the need for many other apps – saving you money. Not only that – but your store will run faster if you only have Debutify and a handful of other apps.
Debutify lets you integrate your Instagram feed, start an infinite scroll, add color swatches, and so much more. Here’s a quick peek at some of its add-ons:
- Smart Search. You can add an internal search to your Shopify store with this add-on. Not only that, but you can customize every aspect of the search bar and its results.
- Color swatches. Easily customize variants by color with this helpful add-on.
- Inventory quantity. Instill a sense of urgency in customers by letting them know how many products you have left in stock. That will encourage them to act sooner rather than later.
Those are only three of the 54 add-ons you get when you download Debutify.
If your interested in trying out Debutify follow this link here.
Closing Thoughts: How Customizable is Shopify?
By now – you should realize how customizable Shopify is – especially with apps and themes. With the help of some third parties, you can do just about anything with your Shopify store. In that regard – it’s one of the most customizable platforms on the market right now. If you interested in seeing our full article on how to design a Shopify website follow this link here.
For more great content to help you develop your Shopify strategies, check out the rest of the merchant posts on the site. If you want to see a list of our top recommended Shopify apps visit this link here.