In today’s age, a solid digital marketing strategy is at the core of every successful business. That includes SEO, social media, blog posts, and, of course, newsletters. In fact, company newsletters are one of the most potent forms of digital marketing. They promote brand awareness, provide exclusive offers, and help drive sales.
Shopify is one of the largest and most successful e-commerce store-builders. They built their platform from the start with digital marketing in mind.
So can you make a newsletter with Shopify?
Shopify Email, the platform’s email marketing tool, allows you to send newsletters on Shopify. The app will enable you to send five campaigns a week or 2,500 emails a month. You can also use third-party apps such as Privy to create newsletters and sign-up forms.
If you’re a new Shopify user eager to start sending out newsletters, you’re in the right place. Stay tuned to learn how you can make a newsletter with Shopify.
Why Incorporate Newsletters?
You may not know why you should start a newsletter for your company. To understand why let’s begin with a clear definition of a company newsletter.
An email newsletter is a form of an email marketing campaign. It’s a regularly released letter that goes out each month to subscribers. A monthly newsletter is the most common, but other time intervals exist, such as bi-weekly.
A newsletter typically incorporates:
- Company updates
- Important news/new product releases
- New and relevant blog articles
- Exclusive offers and promotional deals
The goal is to keep your subscribers engaged and thinking about your brand/Shopify store. After all, one of the best ways to gain loyal customers is to keep them invested in your brand.
A newsletter helps your customers feel as if they’re part of your company. It’s a great marketing tactic, as they willingly give you their email address to subscribe. That way, you can send them news updates about your latest products, discounts, deals, etc.
Benefits of a Recurring Newsletter
It goes without saying that you should have an email marketing strategy in place. The reason is simple, email marketing costs virtually nothing and has a significant ROI. Newsletters are at the forefront of most email campaigns, and for lots of good reasons. Here are some of the main benefits you’ll enjoy from starting a newsletter on Shopify:
- Direct communication with subscribers and customers. Modern-day consumers crave engagement, and newsletters are one of the best forms of it. They also give you a direct line of communication with your customers. If there is any vital information customers need to know about your store, put it in your newsletter.
- They have a low cost and high ROI. It doesn’t cost much to start a monthly newsletter through Shopify. If you use an app like Privy, you can send robust newsletters for only $15 a month. You won’t have to pay for views and clicks like most web ads. You can potentially make $44 for every dollar spent with email marketing.
- It’s a consensual form of marketing. Nobody likes seeing hundreds of unwanted ads in their inbox. That’s especially true if they didn’t ask for any of them. Newsletters are different. Since subscribers willingly give you their email addresses, they’re open to your content. As such, marketing to them will be much more successful than targeting strangers.
- They contain relevant information. The best newsletters are ones that answer common questions and provide relevant content. Your newsletter shouldn’t be a big hard sell for your products. Instead, try to be as helpful and informative as you can with your content. That will do a lot to build brand loyalty amongst your subscribers.
Using Privy for Making Newsletters
While you can make email newsletters with Shopify Email, we recommend you use Privy. It’s a fantastic email marketing app that allows you to create stunning newsletters. You can also add abandoned cart recovery, exit popups, and so much more.
Privy lets you fully automate your email marketing, so you don’t have to worry about it.
You can customize your newsletters, welcome emails, purchase follow-ups, and so much more. You even get the ability to create an automated email for abandoned carts. That way, you get the chance to recover the sale or figure out what went wrong.
Privy’s Newsletter Designer
Privy makes use of an intuitive drag-and-drop editor for its email design. There are also lots of templates for you to use as starting points for your emails. You’ll get the chance to customize every aspect of the template entirely. You can change the font, headings, add images, and so much more.
You can add discounts, coupon codes, and other incentives to beef up your newsletters.
Offering incentives is a great way to gain more subscribers.
As stated before, you can customize an abandoned cart recovery email. Not only that, but you can even add a discount to it to boost the chances of recovering the sale.
For newsletters on Privy, you can:
- Create customizable newsletters with its drag-and-drop editor.
- Send one-time emails to all contacts or a specific number of connections.
- Fully automate the release dates for your newsletters.
- Add pictures, videos, discounts, coupon codes, and more.
As you can see, Privy is a robust yet uncomplicated tool to use for newsletter creation. The Starter Plan runs at $15 per month, and it comes with some impressive features. You get:
- The ability to send email newsletters
- Unlimited emails
- Popups and flyouts
- Automated cart abandonment emails
- Customer win-back emails
- Up to 250 email contacts
If you want to create newsletters for your Shopify store, Privy’s Starter Plan is perfect. It’s affordable, effortless to use, and has a ton of customizable features. To get started with Privy follow this link here.
Can You Make a Newsletter With Shopify? ( quick video )
Can you make a newsletter with Shopify? You definitely can. The team at Shopify incorporated every aspect of digital marketing into their platform. To us, Privy reigns supreme for newsletter creation.
With it, you can fully automate your email marketing. You can also customize your newsletters to reflect your branded images and style. At $15 per month, Privy’s Starter Plan is the ultimate tool for email marketing and newsletters. By leveraging its features, you can enjoy a healthy ROI for your email marketing efforts. For a guide on how to do email marketing visit our article here.
For more great content to help you develop your Shopify strategies, check out the rest of the merchant posts on the site. If you want to see a list of our top recommended Shopify apps visit this link here.